Sunday, November 8, 2009

Potato Chickpea Curry

1-2 cans chickpeas (15 oz.), rinsed and drained
4 medium sized red potatoes, cut into 1" chunks
5 carrots, peeled and sliced
28 oz. can diced or crushed tomatoes
2 c vegetable broth
sea salt
black pepper
curry powder
cumin
ginger
Combine chickpeas, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and vegetable broth in a Dutch oven. Bring to a simmer. Season with spices to taste. Again I didn't measure, I just eyeballed it. I think I used about a teaspoon each of the curry powder and cumin and 1/2 teaspoon of ginger. Coriander would also compliment this dish nicely. Simmer, covered, for about 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir occasionally, adding more vegetable broth if needed. Serve over cooked grains. I used millet, but quinoa or rice would work too.
Feel free to add other vegetables that you have on hand. Next time I think I will add cauliflower and green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment